Ina Marlene King known professionally as I. Marlene King is a writer, producer and director. She is also the executive producer and showrunner on the ABC Family/Freeform teen drama Pretty Little Liars and it's official spin-offs, Ravenswood and Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists.
Life and Career
On March 25, 2019, it was announced that Marlene King had signed a two-year overall deal with the Disney-owned corporation, 20th Century Fox Television. It was originally reported as being Marlene's official exit from Warner Bros and, as a result, Freeform. However, these reports later proved to be false. She confirmed that she would not be leaving Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists behind despite her deal with 20th Century Fox Television.
Episodes Written of Pretty Little Liars (30/160)
Season 1 (7/22)
- The Jenna Thing
- To Kill a Mocking Girl
- Keep Your Friends Close
- Know Your Frenemies
- A Person of Interest (co-written with Jonell Lennon)
- For Whom the Bell Tolls
Season 2 (4/22)
Season 3 (4/22)
- It Happened 'That Night'
- The Lady Killer
- Misery Loves Company (co-written with Jonell Lennon)
- A DAngerous GAme
Season 4 (4/22)
- 'A' is for A-l-i-v-e
- Now You See Me, Now You Don't (co-written with Bryan M. Holdman)
- Grave New World (co-written with Joseph Dougherty & Oliver Goldstick)
- A is for Answers
Season 5 (5/22)
- EscApe From New York
- Miss Me x 100
- Taking This One to the Grave
- How the 'A' Stole Christmas (co-written with Kyle Bown)
- Welcome to the Dollhouse
Season 6 (3/20)
Season 7 (3/20)
- Tick-Tock, Bitches
- The DArkest Knight (co-written with Maya Goldsmith)
- Till DeAth Do Us PArt (co-written with Maya Goldsmith & Kyle Bown)
Episodes Directed of Pretty Little Liars (6/160)
Season 3 (1/22)
Season 4 (2/22)
Season 5 (1/25)
Season 6 (1/20)
Season 7 (1/20)
Episodes Written of Ravenswood (2/10)
Episodes Written of The Perfectionists (2/10)
Season 1 (2/10)
- Marlene has two sons, Emerson and Atticus, with her wife Shari.
- Both of her sons have appeared in the series.
- King graduated from Pepperdine University with a major in Broadcasting.
- Her personal history of attending Pepperdine University inspired her to have Emily Fields attended the college.
- In "Over My Dead Body", Marlene's name is on the name-tag that the waitress is wearing when she complements "A" on his/hers, pretty eyes.
- Marlene made her first cameo appearance in 'Til DeAth Do Us PArt, where she played a photographer at Aria and Ezra's wedding. In this cameo, she was able to do the iconic, "shh", something she's always wanted to do since the series aired.
- Her favorite PLL ship to write is Emison, although she has refused to say which ship is her personal favorite.
- She first heard about the Pretty Little Liars book series when she was walking out of a meeting from then then-ABC Family network. The executives handed her the book, and she called them back to tell them that she had to do something with the books.
- Whenever Sara Shepard is in town, the pair hang out. However, they aren't close friends.
- She only decided to reveal who A is when she thought people were getting antsy and had, "hung in there long enough".
- Her favorite book growing up was, "The Hardy Boys".