|“||No, really, I don't do boxes. Here—take her! She loves magic!||”|
— Aria [to The Great Charlemagne]
The Great Charlemagne's first and only appearance was in "Now You See Me, Now You Don't." He is a mime and magician who possibly lives in Ravenswood. He held a magic show in the Ravenswood Park and chose Aria to be his helper with a disappearing act. He successfully makes Aria disappear, which freaks Hanna out. Spencer assured Hanna that Aria would be safe. Sure enough, Aria is successfully brought back from the trick. At first, he handed Aria a fake flower which wilted, but gave her a real one right afterwards.
Season 4 (1/24)
- It is possible that The Great Charlemagne could be on the A-Team, because he chose Aria to be his volunteer for a trick, giving the Liars a distraction while "A" took Emily.
- As a mime, he did not have any lines.
- He was portrayed by Brian Dare, but this doesn't rule out that Charlemagne is supposed to be someone else. The producers probably hired Dare to play him because they didn't want us to figure out his real identity.
- He purposely chose Aria to help perform his magic trick, since he rejected Spencer when Aria suggested her.
- This was one of Marlene's clues pointing towards Charles or Big A. It would not be unreasonable to assume that Charles is, in fact, The Great Charlemagne.
- The Great Charlemagne may or may not be a root name for Charles.