FANDOM


  • Echo Spy
    Echo Spy closed this thread because:
    Necro thread.
    21:53, May 23, 2018

    Remember when a waitress called A "Pretty Eyes"? I assumed that would be Toby (season 3)  because he has those beautiful blue eyes. But now I'm rewatching the entire series and in season 2 episode 12 "Over My Dead Body" at the end of the episode she called A "Pretty eyes" again but Mona was A at that time. So is Mona also "Pretty Eyes" or had Toby already joined the A team in this episode?

      Loading editor
    • The was likly when Toby was trying to get Anna to come back to Rosewood because we know she talked to him. But I don't know. It does makes sense since she would have known he was A

        Loading editor
    • In the season 3 Toby got called pretty eyes when he walked into the cafe place to meet spencer, so Toby probably had already been helping Mona back in season 2.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, Toby is the one people call 'Pretty Eyes', which means that yes, Toby must've been helping Mona a while ago, but decided to stop because he actually liked Emily and Spencer. 

        Loading editor
    • mona mentions in the first episode of season 4, that she recruited toby when he got that job in buggs county (remember when spencer bought him the truck in season 2A?)

      so yeah. it makes sense that it was him in the finale of 2A..

        Loading editor
    • TheEvilTwin wrote:
      mona mentions in the first episode of season 4, that she recruited toby when he got that job in buggs county (remember when spencer bought him the truck in season 2A?)

      so yeah. it makes sense that it was him in the finale of 2A..

      His job in Bucks county was in season three before Lady Killer. Toby being called pretty eye is most likely when he found Anna and was trying to get her to come back. Because if she had know Toby was on the A team she would have warned the girls

        Loading editor
    • TheEvilTwin
      TheEvilTwin removed this reply because:
      boring
      20:03, July 6, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • meh.. guess we won't know until someone more reliable or trustworthy than mona explains it.

      the pretty eyes thing wasn't random, for sure.

        Loading editor
    • Why did Anne give Toby that disgusted look, if he was trying to help her?

        Loading editor
    • PrettyLittlePosts wrote:
      Why did Anne give Toby that disgusted look, if he was trying to help her?

      I don't believe Toby was A to protect Spencer; I think he's been A from the very beginning because he has a grudge against all the girls.  It's possible Mona paid Anne off, but Toby was the one who found her. 

        Loading editor
    • Jarialover1993 wrote:
      PrettyLittlePosts wrote:
      Why did Anne give Toby that disgusted look, if he was trying to help her?
      I don't believe Toby was A to protect Spencer; I think he's been A from the very beginning because he has a grudge against all the girls.  It's possible Mona paid Anne off, but Toby was the one who found her. 

      I doubt that. Where would Mona get the money and Anna would have told them after she was locked up. Plus Mona said she'd been working alone before she went to Radley and that she got Toby when he got his Job in Bucks.

        Loading editor
    • AnonymousGirl228 wrote:
      Jarialover1993 wrote:
      PrettyLittlePosts wrote:
      Why did Anne give Toby that disgusted look, if he was trying to help her?
      I don't believe Toby was A to protect Spencer; I think he's been A from the very beginning because he has a grudge against all the girls.  It's possible Mona paid Anne off, but Toby was the one who found her. 
      I doubt that. Where would Mona get the money and Anna would have told them after she was locked up. Plus Mona said she'd been working alone before she went to Radley and that she got Toby when he got his Job in Bucks.

      I don't know, it just seems like a lot of the families in Rosewood are well-to-do; maybe Mona's is one of them?  I mean, we don't know anything about her parents; they could have really high paying jobs too.   Toby was the one who found Anne after A paid her off.  If it wasn't Mona who paid her off, then who was it?  You just said that she was working alone before she went to Radley; then who was "Pretty Eyes" in season 2 that paid Anne to leave?   And I'd like to think that Mona wants to become friends with the girls, but I don't believe that she only recruited Toby when he got his job in Bucks County.  The actor knew that he was going to be A since season 1, so he's been part of it.

        Loading editor
    • this is from an interview with keegan..


      "Are there scenes from the past that you now re-watch? Is there a specific one that you can remember from the first two seasons where you're like, ‘Oh, that's what that means?’


      Yes. I believe it's Season 2, in Episode 11, Toby goes to meet Spencer at the carnival, and he texts her from a blocked number. And he goes, ‘I'm sorry. I lost my phone. This is Toby, where are you?’ And it goes over a lot of people's heads, but if you re-watch it, you're like, ‘That's random — why they would put that in there?’ But everything is very pointed. He's texting her from a blocked number. He loses his phone, and he's got "A"'s phone."

      i think he meant episode 11 of season 1B, but yeah..

        Loading editor
    • Hmm thats funny because i think he would of notice sooner... lol

        Loading editor
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ejL7b3Eew

      They cut this out so everyone would believe Toby was on the A-team long then he really was

        Loading editor
    • ok. i would've prefered it if he was in on it longer. makes it more dramatic and tragic.

      i was kind of annoyed that he just made puppy eyes at spencer and all was good again "oh i thought you betrayed me and you're dead, but oh well...lets go to a motel and make out", after the producers talked about him having "an axe to grind with the girls" and made it sound like there's a lot of story behind it for months. bleh

        Loading editor
    • Guys he might off i saw something because im watching season 1 again and well theres a french record playing in A momment and in the episode he was trying to learn it..

      and evil twin the puppy eyes thing... Uh he said why he did and was crying pretty sure... so he didn't really do puppy eyes... and for one he told her to follow him =-=

        Loading editor
    • haha i was para-phrasing.. and being sarcastic. the teary eyed look in the hotel is what i meant by puppy eyes...  just saying i wouldn't have forgiven him that quickly. and it was an overall boring resolution to half a season of spencers psychotic break. so i'm still hoping there is more to the story.

      there are a few hints like that. and i think i remember an interview with one of the producers that they were gonna kill toby off in season 1, like in the books, but they liked the actor and all so they made him part of the A-team. something like that. i'll have to google it.

        Loading editor
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2--4FblhiAU

      the actor knew since season 1, and also that it was gonna come out sometime in the third season..

      so those clues (french lessons, and the text from a blocked number) are probably true. and mona is lying about buggs county.

        Loading editor
    • TheEvilTwin wrote:
      haha i was para-phrasing.. and being sarcastic. the teary eyed look in the hotel is what i meant by puppy eyes...  just saying i wouldn't have forgiven him that quickly. and it was an overall boring resolution to half a season of spencers psychotic break. so i'm still hoping there is more to the story.

      there are a few hints like that. and i think i remember an interview with one of the producers that they were gonna kill toby off in season 1, like in the books, but they liked the actor and all so they made him part of the A-team. something like that. i'll have to google it.

      I agree.  I would not have forgiven him that quickly.. or at all.  And Keegan has known that Toby was going to be A since season 1; it was even said somewhere that he was supposed to be A from the homecoming episode (in season 1) onwards..  I don't believe Mona about her recruiting Toby, but I believe her on everything else.  I really want her and the Liars to try to become friends.

        Loading editor
    • So the 'pretty eyes' nickname has bugged me for months. Then last semester I did a class and we studied The Sandmann (E. T. A. Hoffmann). Basically the Sandman is a really evil figure who haunts Nathaneal's childhood and adulthood. The way it's told, he terrorizes children with an evil plot, not the nice figure who sends kids to sleepyland. He's a crazy scientist, alchemy I believe, and he and Nathaneal's father did experiments that caused the father's death, before vanishing. Few years later, he pops up and taunts Nathaneal with the creation of an automaton, and mocks him with the mention of having 'pretty eyes'. It sends Nathaneal into a downward spiral. I'm thinking now, maybe there's some parallels between the two. Since The Sandman deals with paranoia and the like, maybe the nickname is a nod to the creepiness that is The Sandman. Just a few thoughts :)

        Loading editor
    • The Toby Theory- (Its long but makes sense) Toby has been on the A team since season 1! Marlene King says he wasn't on since the beginning. So I think he joined after homecoming. Remember when the Liars threw his file papers in the river and A picked them up? It makes sense that A blackmailed him into the team (and it probably didn't take much persuasion, looking at all the stuff the "Liars" did to him.) Now let's go back to Ian Thomas. Someone wearing A-Team Attire pushed him off the bell tower. It was obviously Toby, come on... Mona is not that strong, but we know Toby is! & Why would A help Spencer? Because by then, Toby was falling in love with her! Earlier that day, Toby even said he would be there to help her. In a few episodes after Ian is pushed, Toby subliminally admits to pushing him! Spencer tells him that Ian has been texting Melissa, Toby asks why she hadn't told him sooner. She says he wouldn't be able to do anything anyways, and Toby says he already did. Spencer asks what and Toby just brushes it off. Another clue is the name "Pretty Eyes." We know Pretty Eyes goes and hands Dr. Sullivan the envelope to make her skip town. It is later revealed, in A Dangerous Game, that Toby is Pretty Eyes! Toby's revelation as Pretty Eyes proves that Dr. Sullivan knew he was "A" and that she made up Mona's condition for her to avoid jail and remain A.( mentioned on her PLL Wiki page) If Toby wasn't apart of the A-Team... how could he easily find her and persuade her to come back? He probably lifted the threats from her son, if she agreed to make up Mona's condition. While Mona was in Radley, A was still torturing the girls, meaning she had an accomplice. This would mean that Toby had to join earlier than when Spencer believes. Mona says Toby joined when he got the job at Bucks County... so then who was doing all the A business before then when Mona was in Radley? Unless there is an A member we don't know about. Lucas couldn't have done all of that stuff alone. One more point that is sketchy, is Toby joining the A-Team after his fight with Spencer. He supposedly didn't know there was a new A, so how could he join the A-Team so quickly? I think Toby has been on the A team since Season 1, and he is the reason for A being bi-polar. Since he fell in love with Spencer, he could of been the good part of A that helped the girls. Marlene did say that " Toby joined the team with bad intensions"... hello!!! He joined we he hated girls! Yes, people say Marlene lies. She said Nate was a good guy. But technically... thats not a lie! The alias Nate was a good guy, Lyndon was the bad one, who we believe killed Maya. Even Keegan Allen said "Toby has an axe to grind with the girls." So, that is why I believe Toby has been on the A team since Season 1. I may be completely wrong, but i may also be completely right.

        Loading editor
    • On season 1 episode "If you succeed lie, lie again"

      Wasnt Toby the one that bought those bracelets on the name of Spencer and the police put her as a "Person Of Interest"

      Then was like fiber of it found on Ali sweter, the old woman that owns the shop at the end of the episode said:

      "This is hard on the eyes, talking about eyes you have INTERESTING eyes, the eyes are the windows of the soul."


      Who else have those "pretty" eyes?!

      I think he was since the on the A team, Maybe at first he wasjust to get revenge but then maybeee! to actually protect Spencer.

        Loading editor
    • ali not tobyy

        Loading editor
    • SmurfieGhost wrote:
      On season 1 episode "If you succeed lie, lie again"

      Wasnt Toby the one that bought those bracelets on the name of Spencer and the police put her as a "Person Of Interest"

      Then was like fiber of it found on Ali sweter, the old woman that owns the shop at the end of the episode said:

      "This is hard on the eyes, talking about eyes you have INTERESTING eyes, the eyes are the windows of the soul."


      Who else have those "pretty" eyes?!

      I think he was since the on the A team, Maybe at first he wasjust to get revenge but then maybeee! to actually protect Spencer.

      i think so too!  there's so many hints that he's been on it for longer than he and mona said.  like in season 1 (idr exactly what episode it was), we see A listening to a french tape (i think it was a learning french tape) and spencer was tutoring toby in french.

        Loading editor
    • Jarialover1993 wrote:
      SmurfieGhost wrote:
      On season 1 episode "If you succeed lie, lie again"

      Wasnt Toby the one that bought those bracelets on the name of Spencer and the police put her as a "Person Of Interest"

      Then was like fiber of it found on Ali sweter, the old woman that owns the shop at the end of the episode said:

      "This is hard on the eyes, talking about eyes you have INTERESTING eyes, the eyes are the windows of the soul."


      Who else have those "pretty" eyes?!

      I think he was since the on the A team, Maybe at first he wasjust to get revenge but then maybeee! to actually protect Spencer.

      i think so too!  there's so many hints that he's been on it for longer than he and mona said.  like in season 1 (idr exactly what episode it was), we see A listening to a french tape (i think it was a learning french tape) and spencer was tutoring toby in french.

      yhea but mona sayd she reruited toby in season 2 not season 1

        Loading editor
    • I think its Ezra. Aria has several times mentioned his eyes. Like in the text she sent her mom by mistake. I think its all clues pointing to Ezra as much as I dont want it to.

        Loading editor
    • Sillynweird wrote:
      Jarialover1993 wrote:
      SmurfieGhost wrote:
      On season 1 episode "If you succeed lie, lie again"

      Wasnt Toby the one that bought those bracelets on the name of Spencer and the police put her as a "Person Of Interest"

      Then was like fiber of it found on Ali sweter, the old woman that owns the shop at the end of the episode said:

      "This is hard on the eyes, talking about eyes you have INTERESTING eyes, the eyes are the windows of the soul."


      Who else have those "pretty" eyes?!

      I think he was since the on the A team, Maybe at first he wasjust to get revenge but then maybeee! to actually protect Spencer.

      i think so too!  there's so many hints that he's been on it for longer than he and mona said.  like in season 1 (idr exactly what episode it was), we see A listening to a french tape (i think it was a learning french tape) and spencer was tutoring toby in french.
      yhea but mona sayd she reruited toby in season 2 not season 1

      i'm not saying she would have a reason to, but she could have lied.  i dont believe anything the writers say unless i see it for myself.  and i'm sticking by my theory that he's been A (or harassing the girls aside from A) from the beginning; maybe mona just didnt know

        Loading editor
    • My theory is that she calls everyone on the A-Team "pretty eyes" because their all-black outfit makes their eyes stand out.  Not 100% sure, though.

        Loading editor
    • Please don't bump old threads. "Pretty Eyes" was a nickname specifically for Toby during his period on the "A-Team", and was a nickname for no one else. I suppose it was meant to either foreshadow his beytrAyal or he already joined.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.