|“||Sometimes, I think I know everything about this place. And that other times, I feel like you could write me a book about everything I don't know.||”|
|Wanted: Dead or Alive|
|Season 7, Episode 6|
|Air Date||August 2, 2016|
|Written by||Lijah Barasz|
|Directed by||Bethany Rooney|
Along Comes Mary
The Rosewood P.D. begins to unravel the Liars’ cover-up, which leads them to question Rollins’ death altogether. Hanna deals with an inward battle on whether or not to tell the cops the truth, while Ezria struggles with an awkwardness in their relationship. Jenna reveals part of her plot and a new partner she is in cahoots with. Ali learns that the Liars gave her up as Charlotte’s killer in order to free Hanna, which does not go over well. Meanwhile, someone is murdered for playing with the wrong team.
- At first, Aria declined Ezra's marriage proposal because of Archer's death. Later, after she tells him the truth, he proposes again and they get engaged.
- Hanna tells Aria she and Jordan broke up. Aria is the second Liar to know her secret, after Mona. Later in the episode, she also tells Spencer, so we can assume it's no longer a secret.
- When confronted by Emily, Jenna admits she and Charlotte were friends, and initially met when Jenna read about her being at Welby and reached out. In a flashback, Charlotte enlisted Jenna to help her find her birth mother. It is also revealed she helped Archer make the alias of Elliott Rollins to help Charlotte.
- Charlotte knew she was adopted, and planned to use Alison to get her out of Welby.
- Mary Drake claims she and Charlotte never met. When Charlotte (then Charles) was born, Jessica immediately took him from her, never letting Mary even hold the baby. She also claims she never knew Charlotte used the alias CeCe Drake.
- Alison is attacked by Uber A dressed as a cop with a mask. During the struggle, she rips the mask off her assailant, and claims to see the face of Archer Dunhill.
- Spencer ends her relationship with Caleb.
- Hanna (and later Spencer) begins getting phone calls from a man with an English accent, claiming to know what she did to Archer. Paranoid that it's really Archer, Hanna and Spencer return to the place where they buried him to check if he really is dead. Digging up his grave, they discover that Archer's dead corpse is still there.
- A.D. is present when Hanna and Spencer dig up Archer's grave, and they film it for blackmail.
- Sara Harvey is found dead in the bathtub of her hotel room at the end of the episode.
Title and Background
- It refers to Archer Dunhill's "disappearance"
- It's also a term used for criminals saying that they need to be apprehended whether alive or dead.
- It could also be a reference to the song of the same name by Bon Jovi.
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal (credited only)
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
- Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz
- Andrea Parker as Mary Drake
- Vanessa Ray as Charlotte DiLaurentis
- Huw Collins as Archer Dunhill
- Dre Davis as Sara Harvey
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Marco Furey
- Tammin Sursok as Jenna Marshall
- Julian Morris as Uber A/Phone Voice
- The table read for this episode occurred on May 12th, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on May 17th, 2016 and wrapped on May 25th, 2016.
- This episode was shot simultaneously with "Along Comes Mary" for a very specific reason.
- The intro in this episode features Hanna doing the 'Shhh'.
- The episode was watched live by 1.10 million viewers.
- This episode marks Sasha Pieterse's (Alison DiLaurentis) 100th appearance on Pretty Little Liars (if you don't count "The Bin of Sin" bonus scene).
- "Keep Movin'" by Imaginary Future - (The girls meet up at The Brew; Aria expresses her reluctance to say "yes" to Ezra proposal without knowing her future to Emily; the girls discuss whether Elliott could be alive when Alison arrives)
- "One More Minute" by Javier Dunn - (Spencer texts the girls she's going with Ali to talk with Detective Furey; Emily, Hanna and Aria form a plan then part ways; Emily witnesses an awkward encounter between Aria and Ezra as she leaves)
- "Cut To the Chase" by Fort Lean - (Hanna talks business with Lucas over the phone when receives a text from Aria then a call from someone sounding like Elliott to the burner phone)
- "Dream" by My Brothers And I - (Ezra works at The Radley when Emily brings him a drink, she asks him about this mood; (continues) As Emily walks back to bar in the lounge she sees Sara going upstairs with a present)
- "Best of Me" by Secret Nation - (Ezra continues to work in The Radley lounge when Caleb comes over, who tells him about trying to leave town only to end back there then how he feels there is something the girls aren't telling them)
- "What Have We Become" by The Sweeplings - (Alison vents to Emily her anger at Charlotte for lying to her about everything, Emily assures her that Charlotte still loved her then she apologizes to Alison for giving her jacket to A.D.)
- "I'd Rather Go Blind" by Etta James - (Alison plays a record, she tells Emily that Mary had an alibi for the attack then apologizes to Emily for distancing herself from her)
- "Kiss This" by The Struts - (A Radley maid listens to music as enters and being to clean Sara's hotel room when discovers Sara's body in the still running shower)