|“||Sometimes, I think I know everything about this place. And that other times, I feel like you could write me a book about everything I don't know.||”|
|Wanted: Dead or Alive|
|Season 7, Episode 6|
|Air Date||August 2, 2016|
|Written by||Lijah Barasz|
|Directed by||Bethany Rooney|
Along Comes Mary
The Rosewood P.D. begins to unravel the Liars’ cover-up, which leads them to question Rollins’ death altogether. Hanna deals with an inward battle on whether or not to tell the cops the truth, while Ezria struggles with an awkwardness in their relationship. Jenna reveals part of her plot and a new partner she is in cahoots with. Ali learns that the Liars gave her up as Charlotte’s killer in order to free Hanna, which does not go over well. Meanwhile, someone is murdered for playing with the wrong team.
At The Brew, Emily finds Aria sitting there and having coffee. Hanna and Spencer arrive and Hanna is freaking out because she is convinced that Rollins is still alive. Spencer tells her to snap out of it. Aria thinks that Mary or Jenna knows that they killed Rollins and they are covering it up to blackmail them later.
Alison arrives, she’s wearing the red jacket that they gave to A.D, the secret is out. Alison knows that they threw her under the bus with the jacket when she was in the hospital. Spencer tries to explain that they had no choice, and they thought she was guilty. Alison snaps that they thought Hanna’s life was worth more than her’s. Alison gets a text from Mary, Detective Furey is at the house waiting for her.
Alison and Spencer rush to the house to talk to the cop. Furey explains that Rollins real name is Archer Dunhill, he is wanted in the UK for several counts of petty fraud. Toby is on the rental car trail and speaking to witnesses, Marco shares the police’s theory. He thinks that Rollins is still in town, he is creating the trail to divert the cop’s attention.
Spencer chases Marco outside to clear the air after their hook-up. He reassures her that what happened between them is not going to affect the investigation. Spencer swears that Alison is cooperating and not hiding anything from the police.
Aria and Ezra aren’t speaking after his proposal. She texts Hanna and asks her to talk about it, she needs advice. Hanna hears another phone ringing in her purse, it’s the burner phone. She answers the phone and Rollins is on the other end, or someone that sounds an awful lot like him. He says, “The next time you kill someone, make sure that they are dead”.
Hanna meets up with Aria and she thinks that Rollins is coming back to get revenge on her because she hit him with the car. Meanwhile, Ezra is calling Aria trying to talk to her, but she ignores his call.
Spencer heads to the Lost Woods Resort, she’s trying to find Rollins’ credit card info so that they can figure out who is using them. When Spencer arrives, Mary is there packing up her stuff to take back to Alison’s, Mary says that Rollins is coming back to kill her.
Outside the Police Station, Aria confesses to Hanna that Ezra proposed, and she didn’t give him an answer yet. Hanna comforts her and throws her fake ring away, revealing that she is no longer engaged to Jordan.
Caleb bumps into Ezra at the hotel bar. Caleb has a bag, he was planning on going out of town, but he isn’t sure where to go. Caleb tells Ezra that he has a feeling something is going on and the girls aren’t telling them about it.
Meanwhile, Emily is upstairs delivering a tray of drinks up to Jenna’s hotel room. She snoops through Jenna’s laptop, she finds a page for rental cars and a file named “Charlotte”. Sara Harvey arrives and calls Emily out for snooping around. Emily and Jenna argue. Jenna remarks that she and Sara are looking for the same thing, Charlotte’s killer.
Jenna reveals that she and Charlotte were friends, she was helping Charlotte look for her birth mother. And, Archer was Charlotte’s boyfriend, he just seduced Alison and posed as Charlotte’s doctor to get her out of the hospital. Jenna kicks Emily out of the hotel room, Sara follows her and warns Emily not to come back.
Caleb heads over to Spencer’s house so that they can finally talk. He apologizes for what happened, and being confused. Spencer tells Caleb that she understands, but she doesn’t regret trying to make things work with him. She cries and confesses that Caleb was the first guy that she really loved since Toby. They share an emotional goodbye and Caleb leaves.
Mary returns home and Alison is waiting for her. Alison went through Mary’s stuff and demands to know why she stole her mother’s necklace. Mary shows Alison the C-Section scar from where Charlotte was born. She sobs that Jessica took her baby from her, and everything else, including the necklace. So, when Mary saw it, she took it back.
Aria goes to Ezra's house and the two speak for the first time after he proposed to her. Aria explains that she wants to marry him but there is something about her that when he finds out about her, he may not want to marry her anymore. He then explains that it will be better to sit down while she tells him about the situation.
Emily meets up with Alison later for wine. Emily fills her in on her chat with Jenna. Alison is upset that Charlotte played her, and used her to get out of the hospital. She thought that they were sisters, instead Charlotte sent her boyfriend to marry Alison and brainwash her. When Emily leaves, she climbs in her car. There is someone sitting in a cop car wearing a mask and trailing her.
Hanna and Spencer sit outside drinking, clearing the air after their awkwardness over Caleb. Hanna tells Spencer that she had a dream about her when she was being held hostage. Elliott’s burner phone rings in Hanna’s purse. She answers it, it sounds like Rollins on the other end saying “First you turn her in, then you leave her all alone”.
Hanna and Spencer call Alison and warn her that they think that Elliott is coming for her. Alison goes outside and asks the cop outside to come inside with her and wait with her until her friends arrive. It’s the cop wearing the mask that has been following Emily around. He jumps Alison from behind once they are in the house and slams her head in to a glass mirror. Suddenly the real police pull up outside and the fake cop has to make a run for it before he can finish Alison off. She manages to grab a piece of his mask off his face during the struggle.
Spencer and Hanna arrive and Marco is barking out orders to the cops in the living room, they rush upstairs to check on Alison. She explains that A.D. was there, it was wearing a mask and dressed as a cop. Alison cries that he was going to kill her, but the police siren scared her off.
Aria and Ezra have a long talk about Archer's murder. He gets down on one knee and proposes to her again and this time Aria says yes.
Sara Harvey is in her hotel room, she is frantically packing her suitcase and clearly in a hurry to get out of town. She opens her hotel door and is shocked to see someone standing there.
Spencer and Hanna decide to sneak back to Rollins’ grave in the woods to see if he is really dead. They grab shovels and start digging to see if his body is where they left it. They are shocked when they find Rollins’ dead corpse.
In Sara Harvey’s hotel room, the maid finds her dead body in the bath tub.
- At first, Aria declined Ezra's marriage proposal because of Archer's death. Later, after she tells him the truth, he proposes again and they get engaged.
- Hanna tells Aria she and Jordan broke up. Aria is the second Liar to know her secret, after Mona. Later in the episode, she also tells Spencer, so we can assume it's no longer a secret.
- When confronted by Emily, Jenna admits she and Charlotte were friends, and initially met when Jenna read about her being at Welby and reached out. In a flashback, Charlotte enlisted Jenna to help her find her birth mother. It is also revealed she helped Archer make the alias of Elliott Rollins to help Charlotte.
- Charlotte knew she was adopted, and planned to use Alison to get her out of Welby.
- Mary Drake claims she and Charlotte never met. When Charlotte (then Charles) was born, Jessica immediately took him from her, never letting Mary even hold the baby. She also claims she never knew Charlotte used the alias CeCe Drake.
- Alison is attacked by Uber A dressed as a cop with a mask. During the struggle, she rips the mask off her assailant, and claims to see the face of Archer Dunhill.
- Spencer ends her relationship with Caleb.
- Hanna (and later Spencer) begins getting phone calls from a man with an English accent, claiming to know what she did to Archer. Paranoid that it's really Archer, Hanna and Spencer return to the place where they buried him to check if he really is dead. Digging up his grave, they discover that Archer's dead corpse is still there.
- A.D. is present when Hanna and Spencer dig up Archer's grave, and they film it for blackmail.
- Sara Harvey is found dead in the bathtub of her hotel room at the end of the episode.
Title and Background
- It refers to Archer Dunhill's "disappearance"
- It's also a term used for criminals saying that they need to be apprehended whether alive or dead.
- It could also be a reference to the song of the same name by Bon Jovi.
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal (Credited only)
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
- Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz
- Andrea Parker as Mary Drake
- Vanessa Ray as Charlotte DiLaurentis
- Huw Collins as Archer Dunhill
- Dre Davis as Sara Harvey
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Marco Furey
- Tammin Sursok as Jenna Marshall
- Julian Morris as Uber A/Phone Voice
- The table read for this episode occurred on May 12th, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on May 17th, 2016 and wrapped on May 25th, 2016.
- This episode was shot simultaneously with "Along Comes Mary" for a very specific reason.
- The intro in this episode features Hanna doing the 'Shhh'.
- The episode was watched live by 1.10 million viewers.
- This episode marks Sasha Pieterse's (Alison DiLaurentis) 100th appearance on Pretty Little Liars (if you don't count "The Bin of Sin" bonus scene).
- "Keep Movin'" by Imaginary Future - (The girls meet up at The Brew; Aria expresses her reluctance to say "yes" to Ezra proposal without knowing her future to Emily; the girls discuss whether Elliott could be alive when Alison arrives).
- "One More Minute" by Javier Dunn - (Spencer texts the girls she's going with Ali to talk with Detective Furey; Emily, Hanna and Aria form a plan then part ways; Emily witnesses an awkward encounter between Aria and Ezra as she leaves).
- "Cut To the Chase" by Fort Lean - (Hanna talks business with Lucas over the phone when receives a text from Aria then a call from someone sounding like Elliott to the burner phone).
- "Dream" by My Brothers And I - (Ezra works at The Radley when Emily brings him a drink, she asks him about this mood; (continues) As Emily walks back to bar in the lounge she sees Sara going upstairs with a present).
- "Best of Me" by Secret Nation - (Ezra continues to work in The Radley lounge when Caleb comes over, who tells him about trying to leave town only to end back there then how he feels there is something the girls aren't telling them).
- "What Have We Become" by The Sweeplings - (Alison vents to Emily her anger at Charlotte for lying to her about everything, Emily assures her that Charlotte still loved her then she apologizes to Alison for giving her jacket to A.D.).
- "I'd Rather Go Blind" by Etta James - (Alison plays a record, she tells Emily that Mary had an alibi for the attack then apologizes to Emily for distancing herself from her).
- "Kiss This" by The Struts - (A Radley maid listens to music as enters and being to clean Sara's hotel room when discovers Sara's body in the still running shower).
Wanted: Dead or Alive has a photo gallery.